Professional Writing Services for
civil engineering and
Tenders | Proposals | SEO Webcopy | Marketing Material | Content
Too busy working IN your business to work ON your business
If you’re struggling to manage your current workload or worried about your future pipeline, marketing and communications might not be high on your list of priorities. However, they’re an essential part of your business if you want to even out the peaks and troughs.
Your website’s out of date. Your tenders are pulled together with a heavy dose of cut and paste.
And there’s no consistency to your staff profiles, case studies or capability statements to showcase your people, projects of processes.
Or maybe you’re ready to scale your business and move into the realm of competitive tendering, but you don’t know where to start.
Either way, Words That Fit can help you find more time by solving your business writing puzzle.
I’m a tender specialist and business content writer that helps civil engineering and construction companies win more work by positioning them as industry leaders, both online and in their tender submissions.
So what is a professional writing service?
I’m the person you call when you know you need help writing for your business, but you don’t have the time, energy or skill set to invest in it yourself.
We need to talk if you find yourself in any (or all) of these situations:
You need help tendering
- You want to start tendering for projects but have no idea where to start.
- You’re currently submitting tenders but don’t have a good win/loss ratio.
- You don’t need a full-time person to help with tenders, but when you do want to bid, you want the same person who understands your business.
- You don’t have a process for submissions, so things are left to the last minute, or forgotten altogether.
- You want to create a collection of documents and templates you can use in-house, but don’t have time to put it together.
You need help with your website
- You’re getting traffic to your website, but it’s not converting to sales.
- You have a website but you’re not on the first page, so you may as well be non-existent.
- You want to create content, but you don’t have the time or resources.
- Your business has grown quickly and you’ve created content as needed, but without a strategy or consistency.
- Your business model has changed but you haven’t had time to update your website/marketing material.
- You’re not attracting your ideal clients
You know you need help, you just don’t know where to start
- Website, case studies, client newsletters, internal communications, standard business templates, content marketing, social media – just tell you how to make it all happen.
Stop putting off until tomorrow, what I can help you with today.
Make the call. Send the email. Start the discussion.
How can a professional writing service help?
Providing a business writing service is more than pointing out your spelling mistakes (although I’m pretty ruthless with a red pen).
Here’s the pieces of the puzzle I can help you with:
In-depth review of your previous tenders and see where you can make improvements. Develop a content and action plan for the future.
Hand over the tender writing process to make sure nothing gets missed and your tenders are presented professionally.
Work with your team to create content that addresses the selection criteria and positions you as a leader in your field.
Make sure you’re using the right search terms for your industry. Set a solid foundation for your web copy and content marketing.
Search engine optimised (SEO) content that helps attract your ideal clients buy clearly showing them how you solve their problems.
Showcase your experience and gain reward and recognition within your industry to elevate your business to another level.
Produce multi-purpose documents that explain what you do and how you do it, better than anyone else.
Essential for tendering, keep your CV’s current and relevant with a template that can be tailored for any bid.
Detailed descriptions that highlight your project’s key achievements, lessons learned, innovations and solutions.
Introduce your business and tell your story so your target audience wants to know more about who you are.
Still can't get the pieces to fit?
Let’s start with a chat about how you want your picture to look
So who’s responsible for the business writing services at Words That Fit?
I’ll give you a hint…that would be me!
I got my start professional writing for business over 20 years ago in Perth, pulling together tenders and proposals for one of Australia’s largest recruitment agencies. Assisting a team of 14 account managers, I quickly learned what worked when preparing business content – and what didn’t.
Following a quick detour into roles in education, I found myself working for a Tier 1 construction company in Melbourne, providing proposal and bid writing services <link>. I fell in love with the industry, as well as the process of working collaboratively with constructors, designers and specialist consultants to produce bid documents for major projects.
These days, I take everything I’ve learned working with big names on big projects and use it help the smaller guys chase their dreams.